Parent Technology Resources
BPS Login is where parents and guardians go to create and manage their district accounts. Your account will give you access to the district's core tools, Canvas and Infinite Campus: login.isd271.org.
Internet access is not mandatory to use Chromebooks for all things, but more tools and resources for learning are available when students are able to connect to the internet. New Code Students will need internet in order to access synchronous classes via Google Meet. Students and families who do not have internet access at home have a variety of options:
Low Cost Internet Options
Bloomington Public School families are pre-approved for low-cost internet offers through nonprofit companies which include options for internet service from $10-$20 per month.
Chromebooks have several offline options which enable tools and using resources even without the internet.
Grants for Internet Essentials
Bloomington Public Schools is partnering with the Education Foundation of Bloomington to cover the monthly cost for internet access through Internet Essentials for eligible families. Families that qualify for free and reduced meal benefits generally qualify for the grant. Learn more about Internet Essentials. Apply for internet grant.
Device Navigation Slideshow
Device Navigation Video
New Parents & Guardians
- After a student's enrollment is processed, new parents will receive an email with their New Code Academy login username (user must submit a valid birth date, email address and proof of legal guardianship during online registration to receive an account).
- To claim your New Code Academy Login account, visit login.isd271.org and select “Claim My Account.” You will be asked to provide your email address, date of birth and username.
- Follow these directions for additional help.
Current Parents & Guardians
- If you already have a district username and password, you can login to the Hub and Infinite Campus with those credentials.
- Users are encouraged to update their password to keep their accounts secure. You can reset your password by going to login.isd271.org, going to the “Profiles” tab and clicking “Change Password.”
- The first time you login to the New Code Academy login page, you’ll be required to answer three challenge questions which can be used if you ever forget your password.
What If I Forget My Username or Password?
- You can retrieve a forgotten username or reset your forgotten password by going to login.isd271.org and clicking “Forgot username or password?”
- You can reset your password using your email address on file or by answering your challenge questions.
Student Device Agreement
Students and parents read and sign a student device agreement regarding their school issued student device. Click below to access the agreement and additional information.
Filtering Home Networks
Device & Software Filters — Chromebooks will be filtered at home in the same way they are at school because of a device-based filter. Sites that are blocked at school will also be blocked on Chromebooks at home. All filters inherently have holes; the best filter is teaching students to be safe and smart online coupled with appropriate supervision by adults. Parents and students are not able to install an additional device based filter.
Network Filters — It is possible for parents to set up an additional network filter to provide additional limits at home. Setting an additional filter will not enable parents to unblock sites blocked by the school filter through the Chromebook but will allow additional sites to be blocked or limited. If you are interested in this option, check with your internet provider for options (ex: Xfinity) or use a third party tool such as OpenDNS or Circle. Both free and paid options are available.