Internet safety, security and privacy are important practices for all New Code Academy students and families. One component of Google’s Be Internet Awesome Family Guide is Be Internet strong. Together your family can complete an activity to discuss the importance of strong passwords and online security protocols. Complete this activity that provides sample scenarios to talk about as a family, learn how to create strong passwords and understand why digital security matters and how to make it happen.
Social Media Guidelines
Our online community joins together on our social media sites (Instagram, Facebook) to share news, photos and videos about our school, students, staff and upcoming events and to engage with our stakeholders in an open and respectful dialogue.
New Code Academy social media invites staff, families, students and the community to engage by liking, commenting and sharing school news and photos on any of our pages. We ask that users abide by the following guidelines:
- Comments and posts must be appropriate for an education environment and for community members of all ages.
- Personal attacks or comments that are deemed offensive to any member of the school district or community will not be tolerated. Inappropriate remarks and profanity will be removed, and the poster may be blocked from our sites.
- These platforms are not intended to circumvent regular communication channels for sharing personal issues and concerns. While the school makes every effort to respond to direct questions in a timely manner, comments regarding a personal issue may be removed. If you have a personal issue or concern and wish to share it with staff, please email email@example.com and we will do our best to address it.
- Stay on topic. Keep comments and posts related to the news and stories shared by New Code Academy.
- Posts regarding product sales or promotions of any sort are not allowed and will be removed.
Social Media Guidelines: Staff Use of Personal Social Media
These guidelines are for the personal use of social media while employed by Bloomington Public Schools. If you are an employee contributing to blogs or social media both inside and outside of work, these guidelines pertain to you. We expect all staff members who participate in social media to understand and follow these guidelines.
Staff Use of Personal Social Media